Order your copy here.
Published by Mountaineers Books,
Best Hikes With Dogs: North Carolina is a handy guide to help you
choose just the hike youre looking for. North Carolina is a paradise
for canine hikers and their owners: from the rolling meadows and countless streams,
lakes, and waterfalls to the cool, lush forests filled with sights and scents.
This guide has everything you need to know to plan a safe, fun-filled outing with
your dog. Also included: information detailing proper trail etiquette for dog
owners and their pets, tips on hiking with dogs and their special needs, dealing
with wildlife encounters, and more.
- Hikes located in and around Asheville, Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Raleigh
- Info on doggy first aid and the 10 Canine Essentials
- Paw-friendly terrain
- Trails appropriate for dogs of all ages and fitness levels
- Mountain Xpress:
- Book Report: Best Hikes with Dogs (11/23/2007)
- The Wilson Times:
- Three books offer ideas on best places to go hiking (11/29/2007)
- Smoky Mountain News:
- Local author pens best hikes with dogs (12/5/2007)
- The Read on WNC:
- Citizen-Times editor writes book about hiking with dogs (2/27/2008)
Home | Book | Blog | Bio | Articles | Events | Hikes | Contact
Website Content ©2008-2020 Karen Chávez